The National Managers’ Community (NMC) – Saskatchewan (SK) Region is a grassroots community of managers in federal government departments and agencies across the province. We are active in building the managers’ community, in taking advantage of opportunities for collective learning and development, and contributing to effective administrative policies.
The activities and priorities of the NMC - SK Region are directed through a steering committee which consists of representatives from the regional departments and agencies located in Saskatchewan. These volunteers provide voice and direction for the managers and leaders within their respective department and agency, and also provide a communication link between the NMC and the regional managers.
The NMC Saskatchewan Region Steering Committee has 4 objectives:
- To make linkages between Government of Canada priorities and the current needs of managers;
- To demonstrate accountability to our partners, including Saskatchewan Federal Council (SFC), the NMC, and NMC - SK Region members to deliver measurable results;
- To foster a culture of learning so managers develop the competencies that public service managers and leaders need; and
- To work with others to build an influential, credible and professional organization that is recognized and respected by our members and partners for the important work it does.
In order to strengthen and develop Saskatchewan federal managers, we will work to:
- Identify issues of concern to managers and improve the flow of information;
- Maximize the attendance at manager events and ensure representation from all departments/agencies;
- Influence issues that are of concern to managers;
- Strengthen partnerships with SFC, the Canada School of Public Service, and other key committees in Saskatchewan; and
- Increase the visibility and profile of our events and activities.
Managers in Saskatchewan are automatically part of the NMC – SK Region and there is no obligation to participate in the NMC or any activities.
The NMC – SK Region is directed by a Steering Committee comprised of members representing a broad range of departments and agencies, along with the SFC Champion.
Regional Manager - Michael Van Walleghem
NMC Prairie Region - Saskatchewan
Phone: (204) 983-6949
NMC Governing Council – Saskatchewan Regional Representative
Phone: (306) 501-6706
NMC – SK Region, Chair, Steering Committee
Phone: (306) 790-4603
NMC – SK Region, Vice-Chair, Steering Committee
Phone: (306) 501-2774
- Date modified: